Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Poetry Reading

I invite you all to come to Brewed Awakening in Westmont to hear my first poetry reading ever. The music begins at noon, with poetry following at 12:30. Caroline Johnson will be reading as well. I had never intended to go this far when I began to write. Hoping to earn extra income as a single parent, I got up early and wrote for 15 min/day. I have won some recognition in my circle of friends, but more importantly, I have survived some difficult personal situations that made excellent poetry.

I give all the credit to my friends at Poets and Patrons, who took my poetry seriously, taught me pretty much everything I know about poetry, and modeled amazing talent and drive that I would like to emulate. Who knows where I will go from here. I might even try to publish something.

No comments: